Friday, October 26, 2012

A Day of Surprises and Fun!

So my daughter celebrated her 10th Birthday this week (have I mentioned I have a daughter in double digits...it's sort of freaking me out!).  If I'm being honest, I had no idea what to get her this year as a birthday gift.  When you ask her what she wants, her responses are generally either that she wants something cool or that whatever we get her will be just fine.  Great answers, but completely not helpful when I'm standing in the toy store.

It finally came to me as I was reading through Twitter posts.  Someone mentioned travelling on ViaRail - what a perfect gift this would be for my adventure seeking little girl!  Yes...I was gonna be the cool parent when she got this one (I don't get to be the cool one very often; usually that is reserved for my husband!)

So today was the day.  We woke up bright and early, and headed to the train station.  Best part - we hadn't told her what we were doing.  The look on her face (and subsequent squeals of delight) was the best reaction I could have asked for.

We took the train to Montreal for the day.  We hit the Biodome (one of my new favourite places), rode the Metro, and walked until we could walk no more.  Hubby and youngest daughter drove and met us for lunch...the fact that we got to spend some time as a family this afternoon was the icing on the cake.

It truly was an amazing day - getting to spend time solo with each of my girls is so precious to me.  We talk like no one is listening, giggle like schoolgirls and skip instead of walk.  All the things I hope we continue to do as they get older - maybe minus the skipping part cause my knees might give out!!

What amazing days have you all had recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment