Monday, October 8, 2012

Thankful

There is one weekend put aside every year for us to make a list of everything we are thankful for.  For Canadians, that was this weekend - and although I do make a conscious effort to count my blessings often, making that list can become a good reference point for those times when we feel overwhelmed or are having multiple bad days in a row.

So here goes...

I am thankful for the continued health of both myself and my family - without health does anything else really matter?
I am thankful that I have more happy days in my life than days that get the better of me.
I am thankful for the smiles I get every morning from two awesome little girls (admittedly, there are days the smiles are harder to come by, but they come out eventually!).
I am thankful for the fantastic group of ladies that I consider my good friends (and their husbands who accept that sometimes we just need our porch nights!).
I am thankful for my craft room - the place I go when things get a little crazy and my ladies are not available for porch night. 
I am thankful, on occasion, for white wine and chocolate.
I am thankful that I work with people who understand that the most important things in my life are my family and friends - and that work will always take a back seat.
I am thankful that this year my sisters both had dreams come true - one got to experience the amazingness of motherhood for the first time, the other married her prince charming.
I am thankful for my prince charming - the man who always knows what I need to hear, who is my rock when I feel like things are out of control and who supports me unconditionally (even when I come up with hair-brained ideas).  He also provides IT support which, in my life, is a big deal - I get impatient with IT and he just makes it work for me.  Love you hon!

As I detail out all that I'm thankful for, I am realizing that the list could get quite long.  And this is a good thing.  I am truly blessed in my life - I know this.  Doesn't mean I don't have days when it feels like the world has turned on its head, or days when I just want to crawl under the covers and watch the Twilight Series.  But it does mean that when all is said and done, and I get myself centered again, the life I've got is pretty full of things that make me grateful.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone - and don't forget to make your lists!!

No comments:

Post a Comment