Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Back to the Gym

I have a love/hate relationship with the gym.  Once I'm there, I love working out.  I love the "me time" it gives me, and working up a sweat gives me a feeling of accomplishment.

My difficulty is dragging my butt out the door on a regular basis to get there.  You see, my preferred time to work out is in the morning - in the evening there are always too many excuses not to go.  I'm playing taxi driver, the house needs cleaning, homework is more than usual...I've thought about it for 3 seconds and have already talked myself out of going.  If I go in the morning, it's before the craziness starts and I really believe it helps me focus for the day.

But it means getting up really early, and my pillow is just too inviting some mornings.  So this time around I've decided to compromise.  I will commit to 2 mornings per week, and I have a friend who will (hopefully) ignore my excuses and get me there at least 2 nights a week.

Truth be told, I am looking forward to getting back into the routine of the gym.  I miss it - and all the benefits it provides.  And cause now I have a gym buddy, I get to spend a couple of evenings per week with a pretty amazing friend...that in and of itself is the extra push that should have me bouncing out the door!

Just to give myself a little bit of extra motivation though, I bought some really pretty running shoes that are going to make me smile every time I put them on.  Every little bit helps!! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment