Friday, March 22, 2013

Twilight Zone

So usually when I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone its cause everything seems to be going wrong around me.  This time, not so much.  It seems like the stars are lined up and things are going right.

My oldest daughter, who has hit the tween mood swings, has been very happy this week (except for Monday when she declared she didn't understand boys - that is a whole other topic!!).  Since then, she has been bubbly and giddy - even telling me that she loved the pink and black dress I picked out for her to wear to her sister's first communion.  This from the kid who banned pink and dresses from her wardrobe for the past few years!

My youngest seems to be on cloud nine too.  She got chosen to read during a school mass, and things have been going smoothly with her friends.  Usually there is at least one drama in the school yard per week.  This week, nada.

And to top it all off, my girls have been getting along.  Like giggling and cuddling getting along.  They are usually in some form of back and forth of "she's bugging me" or "stop it", but this week has been all roses on that front.  I'm not complaining - I love not having to pull out my scolding voice.

I'm not naive enough to think it will last forever...at some point the moods and drama will come out, and they will again get on each other's nerves.  Until then, I will smile when I hear them consipiring to scare their dad, or when they come to see us with a dance routine they have put together.  I'll giggle when they giggle.  I'll remember to tell them how happy it makes me to see them happy.  I'll enjoy every minute of it.

Now that I've probably jinxed it, I think I'll go see what they're doing.  It seems pretty quiet at the moment - and that is usually a sign that they are conspiring on something.  I will revel in the fact that they are working together and leave it at that :-)

Update:  just an update on my exam from my last post.  I passed the first part, now on to the second part.  Will post results of that one when I get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment