Saturday, May 18, 2013

My pretty reminder

So I have truly trying to live by my "let it go" mantra.  And my kids have embraced this new outlook wholeheartedly.  I've even caught my oldest taking a deep breath while muttering "let it go".  It sounds kind of hokey, but it really does seem to snap things back into perspective pretty quickly.

While browsing Pinterest (yes I'm a pinner), I came across this idea for a tattoo that I fell in love with - it is an image of a balloon floating up with the words "Let it go" inscribed under it.  While I'm not quite ready to get my tattoo (still working up the courage), I really wanted a piece of jewellery with this charm on it.  Problem was, I couldn't find anything that was just right.  Most balloon pieces had hot air balloons on them, and that wasn't really what I wanted.

After putting the word out on Facebook that I was looking for someone to do custom made stamped jewellery, I was given contact info for Teri at Swirlicious (http://swirlicious.myshopify.com/).  I sent her my idea (essentially I said a birthday balloon with the words under it)...my heart broke just a little when she said she didn't have a stamp of a birthday balloon.  She did tell me she would see what she could do, so I left it in her capable hands.

A few days later, she sent me this picture and asked what I thought of it:
I think I literally squealed...it looked EXACTLY like the picture I had in my head!!  I was over the moon excited and told her to go for it.  I should clarify that I was getting one for each of my girls and one for me.

Well today I picked them up - and they did not disappoint.  I LOVE them, and I can't wait to give them to my girls tomorrow.  I'm thinking this piece will get alot of wear from all of us.

I would like to officially thank Teri for using her creativity to make what I wanted a reality.  If anyone needs any awesome pieces made, make sure to check out her FB page (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Swirlicious/50893132379)!

No comments:

Post a Comment